Tuesday, January 9, 2018

New Year, New Goals

Everyone makes resolutions year after year. And year after year those resolutions are usually not kept. I actually love to make new goals each year. It gives me something to work toward and is a form of measured success to me. This time last year we had just purchased our home, I was consistently exercising and eating well, I was insistent that I would get a boob job over the next year, and I dreamt of finishing my degree. For the most part life was good and my goals were obtainable. I did continue eating well and excercising. I am the smallest I have been since before I got married. I did not get a boob job... yet. I finished my bachelors degree, which was tougher than it sounds. I ended up taking 5-6 courses all three semesters. I was exhausted but I did it and am now working towards a masters degree. I landed my dream job as a Director of Finance for a small company. I’d be lying though if I said it isn’t kicking my ass, but I do love it. It’s amazing how a year can change so much! My whole world has essentially changed. I can definitely say, though, that I’m incredibly happy with the changes. I’m hoping the goals I have for 2018 bring just as much happiness and success. So my goals are...

1. Get back to Church
2. Follow Dave Ramsey’s Baby Steps
3. Continue living a healthy lifestyle
4. Get the title “CFO” at work
5. Decide on whether our family is complete or not

These goals may seem pretty simple but each of them have its own struggle tied to it. So follow me along my journey through 2018 and figuring out life!


No comments:

Post a Comment