Sunday, January 7, 2018

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Carinthians 12:9 

This verse was read at church this morning and it’s really stuck with me since. I’ve struggled in life with certain people in my life and their inability to accept things as they are and also the inability to accept the successes in the lives of others. I firmly believe in accepting my weaknesses and embracing them.

As a teenager I went through things that really tested me. I was in an unhealthy relationship that I couldn’t seem to escape, I was pregnant at 17 and suffering an ectopic pregnancy, I had a trouble relationship with my mother, I struggled in school, I drank and smoked and did anything to fit back in. It was tough and I honestly do not know how I made it through it all. Somehow though I learned to let go of my weaknesses and give it all to Christ. I truly wish I could pinpoint that point in my life and although I can’t, I’m incredibly thankful I was able to give it all to Christ. My motto since has been “If you can’t change it, don’t stress about it. Work to be the best you that you can be.”  Today’s serman really resonated with that.

Because I want to be completely transparent with you all and myself, I think it is important to say that I am not a person who consistently goes to Church or worships our lord. In fact, today was the first day that we have gone to church in YEARS. But, when my five year old told me "Mommy I want to learn about Jesus" I couldn't deny her that because I rely so much on him myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment